System Administrator (SA)
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
1. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
4. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
5. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
6. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
7. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
8. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
9. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
10. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
11. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
12. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
13. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
14. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
15. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
16. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
17. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
1. Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
2. Have to have sufficient Network management experience and strong troubleshooting experience
3. Must be comfortable operating on server operating systems, such as different Linux servers, Windows servers
4. Familiar with UTM Gateways and Router configurations
- Experience in Virtualization, such as Hyper-V and/or VMWare etc.
- Experience in LDAP and/or Active Directory
- Experience in any of the .NET frameworks : ASP.NET/Entity Framework/WCF
- Experience in any of the PHP Frameworks: Symfony2/Zend Framework.
- Capability of writing complex SQL queries
B.Sc. in EEE/CSE from any reputed engineering university